CTRs, STRs, and KYC Document Submissions during MECQ from 21 to 31 August 2021
In view of the announcement of the Office of the President, placing the National Capital Region under modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ) from 21 to 31 August 2021, please be advised of the following:
Pursuant to Item V-A of Part 1, General Provisions of the AMLC Registration and Reporting Guidelines (ARRG), the periods 21 to 22 and 28 to 30 August 2021 are non-working days and, thus, shall be excluded from the counting of the prescribed reporting period.
The period 21 to 31 August 2021 shall be considered workday suspensions in accordance with the MECQ.
The foregoing is without prejudice to the voluntary submissions by covered persons of covered (CTRs) and suspicious transaction reports (STRs) within the reglementary period through the AMLC portal.
Further, all specified deadlines relative to pending requests for submission of know-your-customer (KYC) documents as well as requests during the MECQ period (21 to 31 August 2021) are hereby suspended.
For requests during the MECQ period, the same shall be sent through e-mail to the respective compliance officers or other authorized officers of covered persons registered as such with the AMLC. Please be reminded that compliance with said requests may be made during this MECQ period but shall be submitted through the AMLC portal instead of personal delivery.
Access details are as follows:
- Log-in the AMLC portal (Ver. 2.9.9).
- In the Electronic Documents Upload Facility, click the Electronic Return/KYC Documents Request Upload icon.
- Select KYC Documents Request in the Document Type dropdown and click Proceed.
- Enter the reference number as specified in the AMLC request.
- Click Browse, choose the filename of the document, and click Upload. The filename should contain the name of the account holder.
The ARRG hotlines will remain open for queries and concerns on registration and transaction reporting.
Posted 20 August 2021