Frequently Asked Questions:
Covered Persons Supervised or Regulated by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP)
- Offshore banking units;
- Trust entities;
- Non-stock savings and loan associations;
- Foreign exchange dealers;
- Money changers;
- Money remittance or transfer companies;
- Electronic money issuers; and
- All other persons and their subsidiaries and affiliates supervised or regulated by the BSP.
a) A subsidiary means an entity more than 50% of the outstanding voting stock of which is owned by a bank, quasi-bank, trust entity or any other institution being supervised and regulated by the BSP.
b) An affiliate means an entity at least twenty percent (20%) but not exceeding fifty percent (50%) of the outstanding voting stock of which is owned by a bank, quasi-bank, trust entity or any other institution being supervised and regulated by BSP.
Covered Persons Supervised or Regulated by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
- Securities dealers, brokers, salesmen, investment houses and other similar persons managing securities or rendering services as investment agent, advisor, or consultant;
- Mutual funds, close-end investment companies, common trust funds, and other similar persons; and
- Other entities administering or otherwise dealing in currency, commodities or financial derivatives based thereon, valuable objects, cash substitutes and other similar monetary instruments or property supervised or regulated by the SEC.
Covered Persons Supervised or Regulated by the Insurance Commission (IC)
- Insurance companies, pre-need companies and all other persons supervised or regulated by the IC.
Designated Non-Financial Businesses and Professions (DNFBPs)
Downloadable Executable File for Encrypting/Decrypting Keys(Kleopatra Encryption Software)
Downloadable Executable File for checking the integrity of Files transmitted to AMLC(Format 1 Report File Format Checker)
Downloadable Executable File for checking the integrity of Files transmitted to AMLC(Old File Format Checker)
AMLC Public Key
Step-by-Step Procedure on how to Register with AMLC
- Fill up the Registration Form, containing among others, the assigned Compliance Officer and his/her alternate/s, preferably with IT background. Submit to AMLC immediately the original signed copy. To expedite processing of their respective user name and password, fax an advance copy to 708-7909 (Proceed to the next step if already registered with AMLC).
- Get a copy of the latest Reporting Procedures, for reference and guidance.
- Personally pickup from AMLC individual password/s, the softcopy of the validation program (CSV File Format Checker) and the encryption/authentication software (GPG). Please bring an external storage medium where these programs will be copied (CD/DVD/USB drive). Take note that the GPG software and the CSV File Format Checker Program can also be downloaded from this site.
- Attend (optional) the actual briefing on the preparation of the CTR/STR reports, generation of public/private keys, encryption and electronic transmission of CSV formatted CTR/STR transaction files via HTTP which is conducted at the AMLC office once a month, usually on the last Wednesday of the month. You may call Ms. Arlene Pineda or Mr. Alvin Tolosa at 302-3848 to register for this actual briefing.
- Complete all activities specified in the Transaction Security Process Guidelines and Protocol (sections 5 and 6 of the Reporting Procedure).
- Conduct testing of the report generation, encryption and electronic submission of reports to AMLC in coordination with the Information Management and Analysis Group (IMAG) support staff.
- When advised by IMAG staff to go on Production Mode, start submitting reports using submission code "A" (Add).