Relaxed registration guidelines for real estate developers, real estate brokers, offshore gaming operators (OGO), and OGO-service providers
To enable covered persons to file covered and suspicious transaction reports, Sec. 4, Rule 22 of the 2018 Implementing Rules and Regulations provides that “all covered persons shall register with the AMLC’s electronic reporting system in accordance with the registration and reporting guidelines.”
For ease of registration, real estate developers, real estate brokers, offshore gaming operators (OGO), and OGO-service providers must submit the following documents, per the AMLC Registration and Reporting Guidelines:
For companies, such as real estate developers and OGOs
1. Articles of incorporation/partnership; and
2. Secretary’s certificate and/or board/partnership resolution, designating the compliance officer.
For individual professionals, such as real estate brokers
1. Professional Regulation Commission certificate of registration/license
Documents are to be uploaded in the online registration system (ORS) in PDF format. Compliance officers must also create a key ID under their name through the Kleopatra software to be exported and likewise attached in the ORS.
The AMLC will issue a provisional certificate of registration (PCOR) once the aforementioned requirements are completed.
For inquiries or assistance, please contact the following AMLC Registration Staff personnel:
Mr. Conrad Bulanadi
+632 5 302 3848
Ms. Catherine Masaoay
+632 8 708 7067
AMLC Registration and Reporting Guidelines (ARRG)
GPG (Kleopatra) Software
AMLC Resolution No. 35, Series of 2021, implements TFS on ATC designations
Relative to Anti-Terrorism Council (ATC) Resolution No. 10, Series of 2020 (Designation by Adoption of the Consolidated Lists under United Nations Security Council Resolutions [UNSCR] 1267 (1999), 1989 (2011), 2253 (2015), and their Successor Resolutions), the Anti-Money Laundering Council (AMLC) has issued AMLC Resolution No. TF-35, Series of 2021, effective upon completion of its publication, to implement the necessary targeted financial sanctions on designations made by the ATC.
AMLC Resolution No. TF-35, Series of 2021, immediately repeals AMLC Resolution Nos. TF-01 and TF-02, Series of 2012. Thus, previous freeze orders will continue but will now be based on the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2020 and ATC Resolution No. 10. Moreover, the new AMLC resolution:
- Directs all covered persons and relevant government agencies to freeze without delay any funds and other assets that are owned or controlled, directly or indirectly, including funds and assets derived or generated therefrom, by the designated individuals, groups, undertaking, and entities included in the United Nations Consolidated List under UNSCR 1267 (1999), 1989 (2011), 2253 (2015) and 1988 (2011), and all successor resolutions, including those acting on their behalf, appearing in and which were previously covered by AMLC Resolution No. TF-01 and TF-02, Series of 2012, and relevant AMLC resolutions; and
- Reminds all covered persons and the public that any person who:
- Deals directly or indirectly, in any way and by any means, with any property or funds that he knows or has reasonable ground to believe is owned or controlled by a designated person, organization, association, or group of persons, including funds derived or generated from property or funds owned or controlled, directly or indirectly, by a designated person, organization, association, or group of persons; or
- Makes available any property or funds, or financial services or other related services to a designated person, organization, association, or group of persons will be criminally charged for dealing with a designated person or entity under Section 8 of the Terrorism Financing Prevention and Suppression Act of 2012.
Anti-Terrorism Council Resolution No. 10, Series of 2020, on Designation by Adoption of the Consolidated Lists under UNSC Resolutions 1267 (1999), 1989 (2011), 2253 (2015) and their Successor Resolutions
Terrorism and Terrorism Financing Risk Assessment
To download a copy, please click the Link.